Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Meet Valerie!

When Max asked me to be part of the UDI Blog and serve as manager, I was so honored that she thought enough of me to give me the responsibility over a project that I knew was very important to her. I just knew I had to work hard to get everyone organized so things would run smoothly. What I didn't know was that I would make so many more friends along the way. It has been so much fun for me getting to know each of the Divas better through our blogging site. I hope it has been for you too.

So, having said that, I would like to introduce to you one of my stampin' friends ~Val. Val has a very cute personality and was very excited to send me pictures of some of stamping projects. She is so creative. I just smiled and smiled as I opened each one to take my first look. You know a girl loves her family when she puts her heart into a scrapbook page like this one. Isn't it darling? This page shows off Stampin' Up's! East Coast Prep Designer Series Paper, complimented by Real Red 5/8 Grosgrain Ribbon. These colors just pop. I love the way Val layered the stars and circles and button to give the page dimension and interest. Check out the new Occasions Mini Collection to find that new and versatile set "In the Stars". Here is what Val has to say about herself.

I have been a Stampin Up Demonstrator for 11 years. I love the creativity and the ability to meet
new people and make friends. I work full time for the Department of Health and Human Service as a caseworker for the Aged, Blind and Disabled program. I was invited to become a Diva by Jean Thomas, who has been a friend for 4 years and is also a member of my down line. I have 2 children Ryan who is 27 years old (his wife Amy and my darling grandson, Braylen who is 23 mos. old, and a new grandson that will be born around April 23rd) and Michael who is 20 years old and is a Sophomore in college. I love to read, scrapbook and stamp. Val


Val's Embrace Life card is in Chocolate Chip & Groovy Guava, embellished with the Groovy Guava Double-Stitched Ribbon. It looks and sounds yummy. To make each flower stand out, Val first stamped the flower with Chocolate Chip Classic Ink on Groovy Guava card stock and cut each one out. She then adhered the flowers to Chocolate Chip card stock and shadow trimmed them to give the image an extra splash of color.

Beautiful work Val. I hope you will share more of your work with us on the UDI blog soon. Thank you. And, thanks to all of you for visiting. Happy Stampin'! EdieB

2 comments:

Maxine Conrad said...

What cute projects. Nice to 'SEE' you Val and your family. SO happy that Jean introduced you to our group. Looking forward to meeting you.

carolm said...

great work val. i like the simplicity of your scrap page and i don't think anyone can go wrong with the embrace life set.

thanx for sharing.

carol.