Friday, May 2, 2008

Is it Friday again already?


Good morning to you! If you would like to be featured on my Friday post, please contact me at crazystampinaddict@yahoo.com
Log on next week, I will post a tutorial on the taffeta ribbon flowers posted on last week's blog.
Today I am sharing a project that I made to enter into a Stampin' Up! contest. It didnt win, but I THOUGHT it would! Hee hee. Actually, it is not that fantastic, but what I want to share is the technique. I had to send the original to SU, and the only photo that I have is less than stellar, and for that I apologize. BUT.....what I did was glue fine cosmo glitter to chipboard, using Mono Multi-purpose adhesive. Then I covered the entire thing with a thick layer of Crystal Effects. The result is the appearance of retro-vinyl! You HAD to touch it when you looked at it. The tiny stars on the side were treated with the same technique, but the result was more like a bead. Try this technique, but plan on being able to let it sit to dry overnight. Send me an email with pics and I will get them posted!


Thank you, Jennifer

2 comments:

Judi Harvey said...

Wow Jennifer, this looks awesome! But I bet it looks much better IRL!!! TFS

Judi

carolm said...

looks great! love the cosmo and chunky glitters.

carol.