Thursday, May 22, 2008

Surprise inside.............


Ever try looking for just the right kind of a project to get that "WOW" type of a reaction? This past weekend, a group of friends of mine worked on these awesome little boxes. Not only were they easy enough, but I've heard the most "wow's" out of people since then.

From the outside, it's a pretty little box. Then when you open it, that's when the amazement sparks in the eyes of the one opening it. As you open the box, there are four other little boxes that are all staggered so they fit between each other when you close the box. You can put little treasures in these boxes or even candy.
I went an extra step further and put lids on each of the boxes. I then added two brads to wrap some cord around to keep the boxes closed. I also decorated the bare areas on the inside to dress it up a little more.


My son especially was so impressed with these that he wants to make each of his teachers one (he's in Jr. High, so he's got 8 different teachers). i think that's real sweet of him and that they should like their little boxes too. There is only one more week left in school, so we're going to have to get a jump on these before time runs out!

Stamps: Enjoy Every Moment, Friendship Blooms
Paper: Ginger Blossom DS, Ruby Red, Groovy Guava, River Rock, Cameo Coral
Ink: Ruby Red, River Rock
Accessories: Silver Brads, Silver Cord, Circle Punches, Scallop Punch

If you have a project that wow'd everyone, I would love to hear all about it!!

I hope you all have an enjoyable holiday weekend ahead!!

Stamp happiness wherever you go!! :)
~~Maria~~

6 comments:

Michelle said...

That is definitely a "WOW" project! Your box is amazing and beautiful, Maria. I will definitely add this to my project to-do list. Thanks for sharing!

Sincerely,
Michelle

Leonie Schroder said...

oooo Maria ... this is gorgeous and I do recall seeing them a few weeks ago and thinking i gotta make me one of thems ... maybe next week after my demo is done. Just remind me ok?? lol

aussie (sniffly) hugs,
Leonie

carolm said...

maria, i love these boxes, but have never attempted one. i got one from my second stampin' sister and love it!

thanx for sharing. it is gorgeous.

xox ~ carol.

Christy Tyler said...

LOVE IT!! Do you have a tutorial? What are the dimensions? I can't wait to make it!

Pat W said...

Maria these are really great. I have seen these "fantasy boxes" before but NOTHING like yours. I would feel honored if I ever received one of them. Your son's teachers will be over joyed I am sure.

Pat

Elizabeth said...

WOW is right! What a beautiful box! I can't wait to try one of my own!

Hugs!
Elizabeth H.