Thursday, June 5, 2008

Too Cute for Dad.........


With Father's Day fast approaching, it's nice to get some ideas as to what to get or make for Dad. One day while I was blog surfing, I came across Dannie's Designs and these FANTASTIC wallets for Dad! As soon as I saw it, I knew these were going to the important men in my life. AND, even better yet, Dannie posted a video tutorial on her site on how to make these! It was a sure sign that I HAD to make these now. To view the video tutorial click here.

I had a whole lot of fun making these and with each step completed, I giggled with excitement because I can only imagine their reactions when they receive these on Father's Day.

These are perfect because you can put cash in the cash part, or put a gift card in one of the credit card slots - or heck, even do both!! Since I didn't have any gift cards to put in, I didn't want to leave the slots empty and I made my own inserts. I traced a credit card on Whisper White card stock and cut it out. I decorated the fronts of them and then wrote my Father's Day message on the back of them.

For my husband, I am doing something slightly different on the inserts. Since there are 4 kids (and look, 4 slots!!), I was going to still decorate the fronts all differently but then let each of the kids write their own little message on the back. I will be putting a little picture of each kid on their card right next to their message. Kids grow up so fast and I think something like this he would hold on to forever (he better at least........LOL!!! j/k). :)

Stamps: Dad's Day, Weathered
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke, Brocade Blue, VersaMark
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Sticky Strip, Sponge, Punches - Lg Star, 1- 3/8" circle, 1- 1/4" circle, 1" circle

I don't know if you can see it well or not, but on the inside of the wallet, bottom right, I stamped a quote from Mark Twain:

"My father was an amazing man. The older I got, the smarter he got"

How true that is!

Next week, I have some super cute projects to share with you from the most recent SCIAB. So stay tuned for that!!

Stamp happiness wherever you go!! :)
~~Maria~~

1 comment:

carolm said...

maria, these are absolutely incredible! and what a great idea for your kids.

carol