Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thursday with Jill

Boy this summer is FLYING right by! I don't know about you, but I had certain plans and tasks I expected to have had done by now, but I'm lucky to get the regular day-to-day stuff accomplished! (Four kids and a full time job can do that!) One of the things I had hope to do is get some dedicated time to stamp more. There are so many projects and stampin ideas I have that I wish I had the time to do. Hopefully sometime soon I will be just stampin' away!!!

One Diva who's had time to stamp is Jill S., who is sharing her projects with us today. I like the colors she chose for these cards - Red, White, and Blue. Very patriotic and just a GREAT color combination!!


Jill's first card features a favorite stamp set we will soon be saying good bye to - Sweet Shapes. I love how the butterflies seem to "dance" at the bottom of this card!

Stamp Sets: Sweet Shapes, Holidays & Wishes
Card stock: Bashful Blue, Rose Red, Regal Rose, Very Vanilla
Ink: Bashful Blue, Rose Red, Regal Rose
Accessories: 1/16" Handheld circle punch, 1" Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, 1-3/8" circle Punch, Soft Subtle Brads, Pop-up Glue Dots



Jill's second card is creatively done by using embossed images in the background using the Classy Brass Seeing Spots Stencil.

Stamp Set: One of a Kind
Card Stock: Real Red, Brilliant Blue, Whisper White
Ink: Real Red, Brilliant Blue
Accessories: Real Red Marker, Brilliant Blue Marker, Classy Brass Seeing Spots, Pretties Kit, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter
Technique: Dry Embossing




Right here is a close up of her flower embellishment. You can see how she cut out the large flower image from One of a Kind stamp set. Jill layered on top of it a white flower from the Pretties Kit an embossed circle and topped off with a pearl. But she didn't stop there - she went for that fireworks sparkle by adding Crystal Effects and Glitter on the petals. Glitter makes any project happy!!!


Thank you Jill for sharing with us today! I really enjoyed posting your creative projects!!!

Stamp happiness wherever you go!! :)
~~Maria~~

1 comment:

carolm said...

love your cards jill!

cheers ~ carol.