Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy Monday!



Happy Monday Everyone!


I am so happy to introduce "Tina Mcintyre" to you. Tina is a relatively new Diva and boy am I happy she joined UDI. She is very talented and she has a fantastic personality. If you are interested in joining our fabulous online group for Stampin' Up! Demonstrators, please email utahdivasinternational@gmail.com


Here is a picture of Tina and what she had to say about herself:




Hello everyone and thanks to all that have given me such wonderful ideas, I truly appreciate it!!!
My sister-in-law introduced me to Stampin' Up! 3 years ago and I instantly become addicted, I like to say if there was a stampers anonymous, I'd be the one in the back row that keeps coming back, because I can't quit!! I had been doing the occasional card here & there and about 60 - 80 Christmas cards. Then came the point that I was ready to spread my wings and creativity a bit further, so I signed up as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator. HOW EXCITED I WAS...WOOHOO!!! All the stuff I wanted and at a discount, you can imagine my husbands excitement too
I love sharing my ideas with others. It's great seeing happiness come from someone's face when they see one of your cards or projects. I have a great group of gals that come over for my Crafty Creationz club once a month. We have so much fun and create so many fun and different things. I love trying to think outside the box and that is one of the reasons I had joined UDI. I find myself all over the site and other blogs, just diving in and sucking up all the inspiration I can get to make in to my own creations.
The ladies here at UDI have tons of creative ideas that really get my creative juices flowing, AND I LOVE IT !!! They are all so helpful and kind, this is definitely a group of caring, crafty individuals!!!



Here are the projects Tina made:



Stamp set : Always, Kind Thoughts
Paper : Not quite navy cardstock, whisper white cardstock, Kraft card stock
Designer series paper, Fall flowers 12x12
Ink : Not quite navy classic pad, Versa Mark
Accessories : White emboss poweder, Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon, Fresh Fav. eyelets, Crop-a-dile, Corner rounder punch, Heat tool ,Snail adhesive,Pop-up glue dot

This is just a card front that I used. Cut from Not quite navy card stock. Then I ran the snail a little under half way to place the pumpkin pie ribbon across. Then I started my layering. First the whisper white, then kraft. Then before laying the polka dot paper from the designer series paper, I used the crop-a-dile to punch holes and add eyelets (fresh favs ll) to each corner, then glued it to the kraft card stock. Then I stamped the bird from the Always stamp set in Not quite navy, ripped around the bird then snailed it down to a ripped up extra piece of the designer series paper (back side of the polka dots), I am a big fan of scrap pieces !!! Then with the versa mark ink, I stamped the Kind Thoughts wording from the Kind thoughts set, and covered it with SU white emboss powder, removed excess powder, heated with the heat tool, clipped around the edges with the corner rounder and there you have it....tons of fun, using a little bit of everything !!!



STAR HANGER Stamp set : A Beautiful Thing Paper : Chocolate chip card stock, River Rock card stock Ink : Chocolate chip classic pad, River rock classic pad Accessories : River rock double stitched ribbon, Scallop punch, Cutting Mat , Hobby Blade, Sanding block, Rubber scissors, Snail adhesive, Glue dot
I first layered the chocolate chip card stock down on the cutting mat, then then layered the star on top of the paper, traced it with the hobby blade. After that, I had my star. I tacked the paper star on the wooded star and sanded around the edges. Then I did the same thing with the river rock card stock, but trimmed it down to a smaller size with my craft & rubber scissors. Then I stamped the solid flower image with river rock ink all over then used the flowered open image with the chocolate chip ink over that, for the 2 step stampin' image!! I then glued that star down. I ripped a small piece of chocolate chip paper and glue that to the corner, then with the verse stamp, I stamped that in chocolate chip on the river rock, punched it out with the scallop punch, then glued. I used the river rock double stitched ribbon, wrapped it around the star, attached it in the back with a small glue dot and knotted in the front!! And there you have it, something a lil' outside the box, yet so easy, you could do it at a club or class with a few beginners or advanced creators!!!


Thank you Tina! Your projects are fabulous!


Have a great day everyone

Happy Stampin'

Max

1 comment:

carolm said...

great projects tina. i love the "always" set. it has been on my wish list since the catty came out.

carol.