Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Christmas Trio

Well today its chilly here again - its just 44°F as I type - well thats outside and I'm glad some kind person invented the heater!

When I think of Christmas I think hot sweltering sun with soaring temperatures as our Christmas is in the middle of our summer - so as you can imagine its a rather lazy day doing as little as possible.

We traditionally have cold meats and salads for Christmas lunch and something quick and easy for Christmas Dinner. I cant imagine having the oven on for hours to cook Turkey, Pork or Hams with all the trimmings on Christmas Day.

I know when its Christmas in USA and Canada you are in your winter and rugging up as warm as possible and having lots of yummy warm foods and drinks. I love the thought of gathering around the fire to keep warm and give Christmas gifts. I suppose you dont want to know that Christmas is just 19 weeks away?

If youre anything like me you leave things like Christmas Cards and such to the last moment. Well this year I'm making a big effort to get a heap of cards done before December hits so I thought I'd share some cards with you that we will be making at Stamp A Stacks between now and December.

This trio is done using Festive Favourites - a set thats been around for a while but one I've just bought.

I love the natural/earthy feel the Kraft Cardstock gives these cards and they are easy & fun to make.

This is another quick and simple card using the greeting from Many Merry Messages and the Snow Flurries set.

You could make a number of these and just change the colours used and do one in the blue like here and others in red, green, purple and any other colour you choose.

Now would be the perfect time for you to contact or local demonstrator and book your Stamp A Stack in. The Stamp A Stack is a lot of fun and its great to just sit, relax, stamp and spend some time with friends and take home a selection of cards to put aside for December.


This is the last card I'll share today and is a favourite of my customers. It too is very easy to make and the results are just wonderful.

Just use some trees from Lovely as a Tree, a greeting from Many Merry Messages and a sponge and you're done. Now you might wonder how I got the moon in there?

Just take your 1 1/4" circle punch and punch a circle from a post it note - but make sure you punch where the sticky part is so it stays on your card while sponging over the top to create the sky.

Have a great day and hope you liked these cards and can get your local demonstrator to do a Stamp A Stack for you - if not email me and I'll do it for you!!

You might just need to fly me to your house to do it though!

2 comments:

carolm said...

cute cards leonie. lovely as a tree is one of my all time favorite stamp sets.

carol.

Diana said...

I love the trio Leonie, I think I just might have to case your project for my christmas cards this year!