Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Is this the last Wacky Wednesday?

Hello! It's time for another Wednesday post! The new blog team officially takes over on October 1st. I will find out what the theme for Wednesdays will be shortly, I'm sure.
For my last wacky post (the ones where I just post whatever comes to me! LOL) I chose to make a card based on the Splitcoaststampers sketch challenge for today. I looked through my stash of DSP and found a package of Summer Picnic. I love the colors in this paper and think they work just great for Fall, too. ;) My calendar says it's Fall now, so I'm going to go with that even though it sure does feel like summer here in Tampa!

My squares are Old Olive cut to 3" X 3". The DSP is cut to 2 3/4" X 2 3/4". I used Pumpkin Pie for the card base and the scallop circle. The sentiment from Think Happy Thoughts is stamped on Whisper White in Old Olive ink and punched with the 1 1/4" circle punch. It's layered on a 1 3/8" Old Olive circle and then on the Pumpkin Pie scallop circle. I used SU!'s white gel pen to doodle on the scallops. I glued on a So Saffron button with some linen thread tied through it. The scallop circle is up on dimensionals. Pumpkin Pie ribbon is tied around the bottom square.

That's it for today! Make sure you check back tomorrow for the Inspiration Challenge!

Hugs!
Elizabeth

Supplies(all SU!): Stamps- Think Happy Thoughts. Paper- Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Summer Picnic DSP. Ink- Old Olive. Accessories- Scallop circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, white gel pen, So Saffron button, linen thread, Pumpkin Pie ribbon, dimensionals.


1 comment:

carolm said...

very cute. i think these colors would work anytime as well.

carol.