Saturday, September 13, 2008

Showcase Saturday

Today I would like to introduce you to Chirsty. Who is she?? Well...I'll let her tell you.

Who is Christy Tyler?

I am the mom of two boys – Dylan (4 years old) and Cameron (2 years old) and wife to Robert for almost 8 years. We live in San Ramon, California with our very old beagle Tana, 4 chickens (Princess Laya, Uniquia, Tasha and Luku) and a fish named Fishy. My son Dylan named all of our pets. I am a geologist by education however after the birth of my second son I left the working world to be a stay-at-home-mom. I started substitute teaching last year just to give my stamping business bank account a boost and just recently took a long-term substitute position teaching 6th grade earth science. I am having a blast teaching science, but I will be very happy when the job is over and I can resume mommy duties as well as devote more time to the success of my business. When I am not with my family, teaching, or working on my business I am busy with my volunteer jobs. I am the coordinator of a non-profit group of women who own/run their own businesses called “Moms in Business”, I am on the outreach committee of my Mother’s Club as well as heavily involved in City/County/State politics.

I love fine wine, hanging out with my mommy friends, traveling the world, spending time outside and, of course, stamping! I have been stamping for over 4 years but a demo for less than 1 year. I love to make cards and am trying to scrapbook. My stamping room is the garage, which I tend to visit only after the kids have gone to bed and usually get lost in my projects only to crawl into bed around 2-3am in the morning. My husband and kids love to make their own cards as well and I often find them hard at work at my desk. They always surprise me with something homemade for every occasion. I could not ask for a more supportive stamping environment!

If I had to pick a “style watch” which best fit my sense of style and taste, it would definitely be the Silhouette series. I love all the stamp sets in this series as well as the matching designer series paper. I find myself using either In Colors or Earth Elements the most out of all the color groups.

I have really enjoyed getting my business up and running over the last couple of months. I current host one stamp camp on the last Friday of the month where we make 8 to 10 cards of various themes or get together for a free scrapbooking night. I just started my very first stamp club, which is comprised of ten wonderful women, some of whom I have known for years and others that I just met. I am also trying to get my blog formatted/up and running.

I really love to share my craft with others and can’t wait until my next event! Here are a few of the cards that we made at my last two events for you all to enjoy.

Happy Stamping!
~Christy Tyler

http://ctyler.stampinup.net/
http://www.urbanstampgirl.com/


Inspired By Nature
Paper – Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip Card Stock
Ink – Kiwi Kiss Classic Stampin’ Pad
Stamps – Inspired by Nature
Accessories – Hodgepodge (retired), Natural Hemp Twine


Upsy Daisy
Paper – Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Whisper White Card Stock
Ink – Ruby Red and Chocolate Chip Classic Stampin’ Pad
Stamps – Upsy Daisy
Accessories – Scallop Edge Punch

Organic Outlines
Paper – Kraft, Old Olive and Ruby Red Card Stock
Ink – Ruby Red Classic Stampin’ Pad
Stamps – Organic Outlines
Technique – Stamping with Bleach
Accessories – Ticket Corner Punch, 1/16 Circle Punch, Scissors, Silver Brads

Pocket Silhouettes
Paper – Kraft, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss and Whisper White Card Stock
Ink – Chocolate Chip Classic Stampin’ Pad
Stamps – Pocket Silhouettes
Technique – Stamping with Bleach
Accessories – Curley Label Punch

Candy Gift
Paper – Whisper White
Ink – Tangerine Tango Classic Stampin’ Pad
Accessories – Chocolate Chip ¼-in Grosgrain Ribbon, Scallop Square Punch, Metal Tin


Thanks, Christy for sharing about yourself and your projects with us.

Have a wonderful weekend. :) We'll be celebrating my oldest's b-day. I can't believe he's going to be 3!

Alicia :)

4 comments:

carolm said...

christy, your projects are gorgeous!!! i love those sets as well. thanx for sharing your talent with us.

cheers ~ carol.

ps. happy birthday to ian, alicia. :)

Martha said...

I love what you did with the pocket silhouettes. I've been using that set a lot recently. thanks for sharing your projects, they're beautiful.
Martha S.

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

Bravo, Christy! Beautiful projects.

Anonymous said...

prayerandstamps comments: Your cards is beautiful! I can't wait to see more of your work.