Friday, October 17, 2008

Diva Sketch Challenge #3

I can't believe we are at week 3 of the diva sketch challenge already. Thank you to everyone who played along last week...there were some great cards posted! This weeks challenge comes from a sketch I made from a card that I loved in Cards magazine. Here is the sketch...




...and here is my interpretation...

Every time I looked at this sketch, I kept seeing that big cupcake as the 2nd layer. Simple Birthday Thanks has to be my absolute favorite new stamp in the catalog this fall. I just love how fun it is to do paper piecing with it and it is too cute as a kids thank you note. And even better, to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Stampin' Up!, it is 20% off during the month of October with a qualifying purchase.

To see what my team came up with this week, just click on their name.

Carol

Tammy

Alicia

Barbara

Splitcoast gallery


We would love to see what you create using this sketch. You can leave a comment with a link to your card or upload to your splitcoast gallery using divasc3 as your keyword. Thanks for playing!

~Becky

Cupcake card supplies
Stamps: Simple Birthday Thanks, Say it with Scallops
Paper: Rose Red, Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Washington Apple DSP (color combo from KWerner Design Color Inspiration #26)
Ink: Chocolate Chip Marker, Rose Red Classic Ink
Other: Rich Regal brads, 1 3/8" circle punch, scallop circle punch, dimensionals, paper snips, crafters tool kit

5 comments:

carolm said...

great cards ladies! love them.

cheers ~ carol.

Anonymous said...

Yeah - this is so fun! Here's mine:
http://escape2stamp.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/udi-cc-0917081.jpg

Janice RR said...

Thanks for the fun challenge, Becky .... it was fun to take time out from those 100 Xmas cards I was doing for my friend! My "interpretation" can be seen on my blog: www.bellacosa.typepad.com
Thanks! Janice RR

UR1NABillion said...

I thought I had left a post a few days ago. However, I did the sketch challenge for the first time, and I uploaded it to the SCS gallery. Thanks, Lisa G.

Pat W said...

I just posted to SCS. Better late than never I guess.

Pat