Friday, November 28, 2008

Fun Friday

I hope you all had a wonderful, relaxing, blessed Thanksgiving.

As you can see this isn't the normal Friday sketch posting. Things are going to change a little bit and the sketch challenges will be moved to Saturdays. I (Alicia) will be coordinating the challenges starting next Saturday (December 6th). I hope you all join in on the fun.

I don't want to leave you empty handed today, so here are a couple of card projects for you to enjoy.

The Dream card was created by Stephanie G.

Stamps: Dreams Du Jour, Paisley background
Paper: Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla, Baroque Burgundy, Pink Pirouette
Inks: Baroque Burgundy Craft Pad, Sahara Sand Classic Pad
Markers: So Saffron, Pretty in Pink, Sahara Sand
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Baroque Burgundy 1/4" Grosgrain, Dimensionals

I took this color scheme for this card from the Parisian Summer Designer Series Paper, which I don't have, but I love! I originally stamped the main image with Classic Ink, but it bled when I tried to color it with markers. Then I stamped it in Craft Ink and heat embossed with Clear Powder. I LOVE the look it achieved. The colors are rich, and the embossing creates a glossy, dimensional look. It also sets the ink so that I could color the image with my markers. I stamped the Sahara Sand card base with the large Paisley background in Sahara Sand ink for a subtle, tone-on-tone look. A little ribbon, layering, and Dimensionals, and it's finished! This card measures 3x3.

This punny card was created by Ruthie B.

Set: Puns from the Past
Cardstock: Tangerine Tango, Confetti White, Haiku DSP
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: 1" Double Stitched Chocolate Chip Grosgrain, Library Clips, Curly Label Punch, Scallop Edge Punch

Have a wonderful weekend!!

1 comment:

carolm said...

love the cards ladies!!!

cheers ~ carol.