Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Fun Valentine's Ideas

If you've stopped by my own blog in the last couple of days, you've already seen these projects, but I was so proud of how they turned out that I couldn't pass up the opportunity to share them with all of you!

I hold a class each month that I call Girls' Night Out and we make 2 projects. My goal with each class is to teach at least one technique and to show off some of my favorite products. I think we can all agree that you sell what you demonstrate, so this class is a great way for me to boost sales!

I chose to demonstrate projects with a Valentine's Day theme, so our first project was this card using the Bella Rose DSP. The only thing I stamped was the greeting - but I love it!


Several of my customers had never dry embossed before, and they had a lot of fun learning this simple technique. What a great way to add texture to your project! I also showed them how to cover the chipboard heart accent with some DSP and Tombow adhesive - they loved it! Again, it's such a simple technique, but it makes such a cute accent.


Our next project was this cute bag - I found the idea on SCS and tweaked the dimensions just a bit to work with the supplies I had on hand. I gave my customers a few different choices of paper and they had a lot of fun "designing" their own bag.

We all had a lot of fun and my customers were thrilled when I provided them with Hershey's Hugs and Kisses to put in their treat bags!


Card Recipe:

Paper: Pink Pirouette, Red Riding Hood, Bella Rose dsp
Stamps: Warm Words
Ink: Chocolate Chip classic
Accessories: On Board Essentials, Chocolate Chip double-stitched grosgrain ribbon, tombow adhesive, Floral Frenzy Classy Brass

Genie Bag Recipe:

Paper: Pink Pirouette, Whisper White
Stamps: Best Yet (retired)
Ink: Red Riding Hood, Chocolate Chip craft
Accessories: Circle Scallop Punch, Curly Label Punch, clear embossing powder, Chocolate Chip Grograin ribbon or Pretty in Pink taffeta ribbon, eyelets, crop-a-dile, paper lunch sack






1 comment:

carolm said...

cute projects and i love! the bag.

xox ~ carol.