Friday, January 2, 2009

Perfect Plum Moments!


Hello all!!! Ann back again for another Fantastic Friday posting from Adriana Benitez. Adriana has made an awesome tray for added home decor!!

Here's what she has to say about her project:

This tray is something I made for our coffee table. Whenever I get a chance to sit down and relax with my afternoon coffee I'm usually looking for a coaster or something to protect the table. Seems like they are always laying around 'til I need one. Then there's the tv remote - does the thing have legs? (Think this is all a conspiracy of the males in my household...lol) My hope is that this tray will provide a place for our stuff so we can find it.

(Well, it's a thought...) If you already have this dilemma figured out at home, I think this project would work well as a gift. It was not expensive to put together or difficult and also makes a great kid friendly project.

The tray itself is a plain wooden tray from Michael's. My son helped me to prime and paint it a deep plum color. Once the paint dried, I decopauged Perfect Plum DSP onto it. In the first photo, you can see where I've just gotten started adding the glue. It's important to take your time and get those bubbles out. Just add a little glue to your fingers or sponge brush and slowly press them toward the edges. Takes patience, but it'll work! After the glue dried I used swirls from a Decor Elements kit ("Flourishes") and rub-ons from our "Greatest Moment" set. I sealed the whole thing with a matte acrylic sealer.

At this point the tray is on the table, but has yet to get used. I think the kids and the hubby are afraid to hurt it. LOL. But I have notice the remote tends to stay near it.....;-)


Wonderful project and ideas Adriana!!! Thanks for sharing!!


Happy Stamping!!!

Ann

1 comment:

carolm said...

very cute and i love!!! the purple.

cheers ~ carol.