Wednesday, March 18, 2009

An Inspired Tag

Happy Wednesday! Only 2 more days to go until the weekend! WooHoo! I have special plans for this weekend, too. :) I am driving to Tallahassee for my foster-grandmother's 90th birthday party! AND...I get to have breakfast with a fellow SU! demo and UDI sister, Jill, on Sunday before we head home! Yippee! Thanks to Stampin' Up! and UDI for introducing us!


Today's project comes to us from Adriana, a fellow Floridian. I have had the pleasure of spending time with her twice...once at Convention and again at Orlando Regionals. Thanks again to SU! and UDI! :)



Here's what Adriana said about her project:

This piece could be used as an oversized tag or as decoration. I will be hanging mine on the door to my office. The base of the project is an oversized laminate chip. I used StazOn black to stamp the silhouette flower image from "Inspired by Nature" onto the chip and the sentiment onto very vanilla cardstock. I roughed up the edges of the sentiment then toned the brightness of the paper down with stampin' pastels (applied with sponge daubers). Linen thread holds it in place and also ties together the olive and black grosgrain loops on the top of the tag. I added the rhinestones just for a little extra shine and shimmer.


What a fabulous idea, Adriana! I need to find some of those chips! Thanks so much for sharing with us!

See you all next week!

Happy Stampin'!

Elizabeth

1 comment:

carolm said...

i love this tag, adriana!

xoxo