Monday, March 16, 2009

Magnet Book Marks

Hello Everyone,
Today we get to see a fun project shared by Adriana Benitez who wrote this:

They are small magnet book marks easily made with our stampin' supplies. I got the idea from bookmarks seen in the book store. I loved them, but they were about $5 for 3 little bookmarks! Not terribly expensive, I guess, but I knew it was something that we could easily make!
To assemble the flower bookmark, I punched out 4 circles with a 1-3/8" circle punch. I laid 2 out, attached a small piece of sticky strip to each and then ran 2 strips of ribbon between them. I then topped them with the other 2 circles. Attach a small magnet to each circle and then flip both pieces over. On one side, attach a flower made of 3 (5 petal punch) flowers and a small 1/2" circle of chocolate chip. You can leave the petals as they are or rub them with chalk to add some color and dimension. This type of bookmark straddles the page (like a clip), with the flower portion laying on one side of it and the circle portion laying on the other side. The magnets help the flower and circle to hold onto the page and keep it in place.

Another way to make a cute book mark can be made with our tab punch. For mine, I stamped and cut out the small owl from "Owl Together Now" and applied him to one side of the punch. This is a much smaller bookmark, but with the magnets it works just fine!

Hope you enjoy these bookmarks!

Thanks as always Adriana, for sharing your wonderful talent with us.
Happy Stampin'
Max

2 comments:

carolm said...

these are too cute adriana!

xoxo

Kristine said...

This is a great idea. I will have to try some.