Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Wonderful Wednesday

Today's project comes to us from Maria Williams.

Butterfly Serenity

I made this for one of my monthly stamp club projects. It took me a little while to find the frame that was "just right" for this project.

I needed some room between the back of the frame and the glass - there's probably 1/4" between the back of the frame and the glass on this frame. I used my Big Shot and the Beautiful Butterflies die to cut out the butterflies in In Color Textured card stock. I sponged the edges with Chocolate Chip ink and then layered a small butterfly on top of a big butterfly adhering it together with a mini glue dot. After that, I added some thin silver wire and twisted it to make the body of the butterflies. I took a strip of Chocolate Chip cs and punched the bottom with the Scallop Edge Punch and layered a strip of Pink Pirouette and Kiwi Kiss on top and glued it to the Urban Garden background. The butterflies were then added on with glue dots so they can still flit their wings. After I had all of that done, I ran a Chocolate Decor Elements Sheet through the Big Shot using the Natural Serif Decorative Strip Die so I could spell "Serenity" on the frame front. I lined up my letters with the top of the Chocolate Chip strip and rubbed them down. It was fairly easy to make. and everyone loved the finished project.

Paper: Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, and Pink Pirouette Texture CS, Urban Garden DS, Chocolate Chip

Ink: Chocolate Chip

Accessories: Big Shot, Beautiful Butterflies Die, Natural Serif Decorative Strip Die, Chocolate Decor Elements Sheets, Scallop Edge Punch, Sponge, Mini Glue Dots, Metal Wire, Frame.

Thanks for sharing an absolutely gorgeous project, Maria!

Until next week...

Happy Stampin'!

Elizabeth


3 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh, this is beautiful! Thanks for sharing it and all the details, Maria.

carolm said...

love it!

xoxo

Carpenter's said...

Maria this is super cute!!