Friday, August 7, 2009

Thanks in Mambo is Heavenly!!!


Hello all!! While a majority of the Diva's & Dude, are experiencing the awesomeness of convention, the sample for today is from little ole me! Enjoy!

Here is my card I created for this week's IC on SCS!! Stef found us another great site for the IC this week!!

She chose the site Heavenly Hostess, which is filled with tons of gorgeous aprons, kitchen towels and headbands. However, I'm not sure if the person wearing these aprons is the one really doing the cooking!!!

My inspiration came from this apron here:
http://www.heavenlyhostess.com/aprons_lauren.html
I was instantly drawn to the colors, flowers and the contrasting prints on the tie. I tried to recreate that by using a piece of Razzleberry Lemonade, in Melon Mambo, with the small flowers, and then layered two strips of Pretty in Pink I had run through the newest texture plates: Perfect Details. I then took my Melon Mambo marker (love it!) and put a small dot on all the embossed dots.

My bird, from Fun and Fast Notes, is paper pieced with Afternoon Tea dsp and the Razzleberry/Mambo. I used a Fleurette that I dyed with my PIP re inker, a 1/2: circle of Melon Mambo text and a clear rhinestone brad from my Pretties Kit.
The white taffeta ribbon is for the ribbon tie and the silver library clip is just because! I should have moved things up just a titch, because the upper right corner seemed bare - hence the library clip!

And how goofy am I? I haven't used this set in forever, and actually thought it had retired until I saw it in this years new catalog!! How how easily we forget what we have!!

Happy Stamping!!

~~~Ann~~~

2 comments:

carolm said...

i love it annie!!! besides purple, pink is such a fun color.

xoxo

Karen said...

super cute Ann!!