Friday, June 25, 2010

Finally Friday with Amour from Paris!

I am super excited about what is to come in the new Idea Book & Catalog!!!  This is only one of many new awesome sets in the catalog.

Since I am soooo excited about the new catalog coming out, I used one of the new sets we could pre-order. This set is called Artistic Etchings.  Doesn't it remind you of Paris back in the 40's era? And the new dsp, Newsprint, is to die for!!!

For this card I used Basic Black textured, cut to 3.5 x 7. Haven't made a longer type card in awhile and I really like how this turned out. I used a strip of the Newsprint dsp, tore the right edge off, wadded and crumpled it out, flattened it out and inked the edges with black staz on. I tried to be careful when I adhered it to the card so I didn't flatten it out too much.

The Eiffel Tower is stamped in the new Cherry Cobbler and the medallion brooch is in Daffodil Delight, stamped off once. Then I lightly spritzed the panel with the Silver Smooch spray. The "Amour" is stamped in black staz on onto Daffodil Delight. I used my distressor tool on the Daffodil Delight and inked the edges with black. This panel is up on dimensionals. A mini library clip with a piece of the new 1/8" black taffeta finishes off the card.



For the inside I cut a piece of Very Vanilla to 3 x 6. I wanted to have that frame of black around it. I used the torn strip from the front piece on the edge, stamped the medallion in Daffodil Delight, the crown in Cherry Cobbler and the key in black. The sentiment is from the new Level 3 hostess set, Occasional Quotes.



So brace yourself for the new catalog, and the new goodies in it, that is available on July 1st!!!!

Happy Stamping!!!!!

~~~Ann~~~



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Ann! Love it!

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Love this card, the inside is beautiful too!