Friday, July 2, 2010

Finally Friday with Summer Fruits!!


Hello all!!! I hope you are having a wonderful beginning to your summer season. As you know, June 21st was the official start of summer. Except I think Mother Nature has gotten a little ahead of herself! Here in Michigan we've had some horribly hot and humid days already.

I used SC285 over on SCS. The sketch calls for squares, but I used circles instead. So, as I was looking at the sketch,  I thought how my Tart & Tangy set would look on here.

On this card I used a combination of new and old products. The stamp set, Tart & Tangy, has been out for awhile, but is still one of my faves, especially this time of year. The strawberry was colored with the new Riding Hood Red marker and Garden Green. On the apple I used the new In-Color marker, Pear Pizazz and Chocolate Chip. The orange slice was stamped in Pumpkin Pie.

Each of the stamps were first stamped in Crumb Cake and then the colored pieces were cut out and popped up with a dimensional. On the strawberry circle I used the new 2 3/8" scallop circle in Pumpkin Pie and then used my other circle punches for the rest.

On the background piece I layered a piece of the new In-Color, Poppy Parade onto Very Vanilla. The Poppy Parade layer was run through my Lattice Square eb folder. I then used the flower strip from the new Level 1 hostess set, Because I Care, along the the top and bottom edges. The red polka-dotted ribbon is now retired, but I thought looked perfect with this card. I used my "It's Your Birthday" set for the sentiment, which was punched out with the 1" circle and stamped in Riding Hood Red. I sponged the edges with the new Crumb Cake.

A lot of dimension going on here too!! The background panel is up with dimensionals, as is each of the circles.

Happy Stamping!!!!
 
~~~Ann~~~

No comments: